Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Buying Foundation Online



So You Wanna Buy A Foundation Online 
But You Have No Idea What Shade To Pick????


Here is what I do....

Let's say I want to get the "NYX HD Studio Photogenic Foundation"
and I need to work out the right shade for me,

Step 1:
Look for Swatches online -



Here is a swatch of the NYX foundation in Sand Beige (Thanks to Nina's page)


Step 2:

Search for a foundation swatch you already use - 

Here is a swatch of an ELF foundation I already own, 
I use shade "Sand" 


Step 3:

Compare foundation swatches

You can see how the Elf "Sand" and NYX "Sand Beige" swatches are similar.


DONE!!





7 comments:

  1. Yes, google is our friend! :) Although it is easy for me: if I want to buy a foundation online then I just pick the lightest shade and pray that it will be light enough lol I'm always pale :/

    By the way I love your new foundation related videos, they are really useful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol yeah pretty much do the same, especially at the moment no time for fake tan I am super pale :)

      Delete
    2. But what if you have never owned foundation and trying samples in stores are just no good? Its hard to find a foundation of my skin tone and for my skin type. I am a mid pale-yellow coloured asian but I have naturally oily skin and it is also easy for my skin to break out. Could you give me some advice?

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much. Your posts and videos are always so helpful. :)
    http://www.style-ettos.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete